Things

on Posted by Rajesh J Advani
Labels: ,
After the previous post, I got tempted into reading Things... again. It's just extremely hilarious!
A couple of years ago, I discovered the "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" by Douglas Adams. It's a science fiction comedy that started out as a trilogy, and then sparked two more books. So it's now a trilogy is five parts. Once I was done with every Douglas Adams book I could find (the 5 Guide books, the 2 Dirk Gently books and the recently published The Salmon of Doubt) I moved on to Terry Pratchett's Discworld series (I guess I've written about this guy before). In my race to read every book that Pratchett's written, I quite forgot about almost all the other authors out there. I've really even lost interest in reading anything else.
I picked up Catch 22 because I couldn't find the next book in the Discworld series at that time, and the only reason I picked up The Da Vinci Code (in spite of the fact that I had The Fifth Elephant by then) is to find out what all the hulla-baloo is all about. I must say it's definitely a good read, and quite gripping (even if I've only read 306 pages in less than two days) and interesting because it's a conspiracy theory suspense thriller.

But after I'm done with it, I will be back to Pratchett (Six books to buy and read in less than two months. You think I can do it?). One needs some humour in life.

A friend of mine came up with this really funny post which is apparently the transcript of a real chat session with another friend of hers. I was going to put a link of it here, but thought I'd take her permission first. (You know who you are. May I?)

3 comments:

Rads said...

yes, you may :-)

Anonymous said...

Escoos me! If at all there was literary value in that 'story' it was all mine! :-)) And look who's giving away the copyrights!

Kishlay

Vikram said...

"One needs some humour in life"

true true..