Shhhh!

on Posted by Rajesh J Advani
Labels:
"Okay," he said.

What okay?
Shhhh!


"Good."

What's this about?
Keep quiet and listen.


"So where do you want me to begin?"

Begin what? What is all this?
If you open your mouth again, I'm going to smash your teeth in.


"At the beginning."

Hey, why are you hogging all the popcorn?
I said, keep quiet.


"This could take a while."

We're not going anyw- Ow! What did you do that for?
I warned you.


"I know."

Well atleast take that ring off next time before you do that. I could be scarred for life.
You want me to take the ring off?


"Well, in the beginning, when God created the heavens and the earth,
the earth was a formless wasteland - "

What an interesting movie.
Don't change the topic.


"No, no! Not that far in the beginning! Start with whatever's relevant."

Funny dialogue, don't you think so?
You want me to take the ring off.


"What we are concerned with here is the fundamental interconnectedness of all things."

Come on, you have no reason to start crying now.

"Don't waste my time by quoting from Douglas Adams now. Tell me what I need to know."

Hey, I don't really want you to take the ring off!
You do!


"You need to use more deodorant."

Come on sweetheart, let's not fight now. Watch the movie.
Stop lying to me.


"What?"

I'm not lying to you! Why would I lie to you?
Because you don't love me anymore.


"You told me to tell you what you needed to know. You need to know this."

But of course I do!
No you don't!


"Are you making fun of me? Tell me what I want to know!"

You see the size of the rock on that ring? I can't afford not to love you anymore!
Is that all? You keep me around because the ring was too big an investment?


"Well then what do you want to know?"

Of course not! You're putting words in my mouth.
I know exactly what you mean to say. You just want to get rid of me.


"I already told you!"

Why are you saying that? Come on, let's watch the movie in peace.
So I'm taking away your peace of mind? Is that what you're saying?


"No you didn't."

I didn't say that, but you are tempting me to say it.
So now the truth is out of the bag isn't it? You just want me to get out of your life.


"Yes, I did!"

What do you want me to say to that?
Here, take your ring back. You'll never have to tolerate me again. I'm leaving.


"No you didn't."
"Yes I did! I told you to start from the beginning!"
"And I did, but you didn't want to listen."
"You know what I mean!"
"No, I don't."
"Yes, you do!
"Forgive him, Lord, for he knows not what he says."

It's cold outside.
I know.


"Are you crazy?!"

I'm going to stay for a while.
Yes. Come back here and sit down.


"What do you think?"

Give me my ring back.
Here. I'll put it back on.


"I don't know what to think!"

It's all your fault.
Yes, it is.


"Where are you right now?"

I'm sorry I fought with you.
I'm sorry too.


"In a bloody mental hospital."

What are you sorry for?
You're not going to use that to start another fight with me, are you?


"And what did you ask me?"

You are sooooo intelligent.
And you are incorrigible.


"I asked you how we came to be here."

I love you.
I love you too.


"And I told you."

So what's the movie about?
No idea. Want to change the channel?


"I guess you did."

Yes. Let's watch Jerry Mcguire.
Which channel?
Number eleven.


"Hello. Hello. I'm looking for my wife."
"Wait. Okay, okay. Okay. If this is where it has to happen, then this is where it has to happen. I'm not letting you get rid of me. How about that? This used to be my specialty. You know, I was good in the living room. They'd send me in there, I'd do it alone. And now I just... I don't know. But tonight, our little project, our company, had a very big night. A very, very big night. But it wasn't complete, wasn't nearly close to being in the same vicinity as complete, because I couldn't share it with you. I couldn't hear your voice, or laugh about it with you. I missed my wife. We live in a cynical world, a cynical, cynical world..."

So what's this supposed to be about?
Shhhh!

1 comments:

Rads said...

:-)