What the Devil: Celestial Conversations - #31

on Posted by Rajesh J Advani
Labels: , , , ,
First: Celestial Conversation
Previous: Of Online Identities: Celestial Conversations - #30
Me: Hello?
Devil: Hello.
Me: You!
Devil: Yes, me. The one and only.
Me: What are you doing here? I didn't even say your name this time.
Devil: Don't you know the date today?
Me: What, the 9th of September?
Devil: The 9th day of the 9th month of the 9th year of the millennium. And it's 9'o'clock by the way.
Me: I thought that only worked with 6.
Devil: 9 is just 6 upside down.
Me: So what, you're going to be good today?
Devil: Damn, you're smart. I was hoping no one would realize this.
Me: What, you're actually being good?
Devil: Don't have much of a choice. Mathematics is one area I have no control over.
Me: Really?
Devil: Yeah. But I once hypnotized God into forgetting about the number Seven.
Me: What?
Devil: Yeah. So when he counted, eight came after six. I got Him to count His fingers, and He ended up thinking He suddenly had eleven fingers on His hands! It drove Him crazy!
Me: I'm sure it did. So what good things are you planning to do?
Devil: Well, for one, I'm going to try to get God more followers on Twitter.
Me: Ah! That would be interesting. So what is your strategy going to be?
Devil: Well, for one, we have to beat the skepticism. People don't believe He's God, so they won't follow him. That's actually my fault. Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. My guys have done a LOT to get that to work. Now, for one day, I need to get around exactly those problems.
Me: So how do you fix the skepticism?
Devil: I tried getting Him a Verified Account.
Me: But isn't that manually screened? You need to convince the guys who run the site, that it actually is God's account.
Devil: Yes, I did figure that out. And yet, I had convinced the guy who was screening this case.
Me: So, what happened?
Devil: Uh, it's embarrassing. Rookie mistake, really. I tried to get him to sell me his soul to me.
Me: Ah.
Devil: You have no idea how big the urge was. And I haven't done that in years! Not with the overcrowding in hell and stuff.
Me: So, no verified account then?
Devil: Nope.
Me: Any other good deeds you intend to spectacularly fail at?
Devil: There are a couple. One is ending poverty. And the other is fixing global warming.
Me: You don't think small, do you?
Devil: Comes with the territory. You don't get known as God's greatest adversary, getting cats stuck in trees.
Me: Right.
Devil: I've done that too, of course.
Me: Cats in trees?
Devil: Yes, cats are inherently evil, so it makes it more fun. Plus, you tie up a bunch of hard-working firefighters in a futile exercise. The cat's going to jump down on its own anyway.
Me: So if you're being good today, what's God doing?
Devil: Trying to be evil.
Me: What?
Devil: Well, God's not very used to the whole Evil thing of course, so I started him off small.
Me: Like what?
Devil: I've asked him to memorize the lyrics to some songs with adult lyrics.
Me: Oh.
Devil: Don't worry. I started him easy. He'll start with Black-Eyed-Peas' "My Humps". He'll probably not even understand what they mean. Then we'll move him on to Lil Kim's "Download", before we get to the heavier stuff.
Me: Ouch.
Devil: Oh, you haven't heard the best part yet. At the end of the day, He's supposed to do a concert of the dirtiest songs in front of everyone in Heaven and Hell!
Me: That does sound evil. Poor Him.
Devil: Oh, it will be a blast.
Me: Well, I guess you have work to do.
Devil: Yes, I better get back to it.
Me: Bye, then.
Devil: Tada!

Next: Being social: Celestial Conversations - #32

6 comments:

Roy said...

brilliant conversations!

Janaki said...

I guess it took you 30 odd conversations to move from god to the devil :)

Rajesh J Advani said...

@Roy: Thanks!

@Janaki: Actually, it took me only 7 conversations to get to the devil - in Episode 8 - Infernal Conversations. And then I spoke to him a few more times, once without knowing. You should go look at the earlier episodes. I think they were better :)

Janaki said...

Actually must have missed that one.. because while you weren't posting new conversations, I had to just keep re-reading the old ones. All have been great. :)

Rajesh J Advani said...

@Janaki: Thanks for the compliment! I hope to post CCs a lot more frequently now. But at the same time I don't want to compromise on quality. So let's see how it goes.

قمة الامتياز said...

شركة عزل خزانات بالدمام
شركة عزل خزانات بالخبر
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالخبر
شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجاري بالخبر
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالخبر
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخير
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالخبر
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر